I LOVE the connection with "Connect". "Connect", the name of our youth group, is a great group of kids! After our time in the tents (see 5,000 Tents and 10,000 Blessings) I feel our relationships have really grown. I still can't talk much German and some of them can speak a bit if English, and yet, we have really grown to love each other.
|The "Connect" youth group at Ring Cafe|
|Check out Katka's JV profile here.|
The next connection came today when I was riding my bike to meet a friend for lunch. Yes, you guessed it, I hit a curb and found myself connected again with the pavement! Thankfully, again, I was not hurt!
|Now you know why I wear a helmet!!!|
So we'll keep on making connections, but hopefully not to often with the pavement!
- A JV "Fusion" choir of high school students is coming from Czech June 18-20 to do a concert for a local high school here. Jim has made some great connections with the high school while setting this up. Pray that the concert will help to open doors into relationships with the school
- Also, pray that we will be able to find a place for all 50 choir members to shower! They will be sleeping in our church, but as it only has one shower, we must find a place close-by for them. Jim has spent the last few weeks getting one turn-down after another. He is out again right now trying to set something up
- We have a couple coming on a vision trip for a week starting Friday. Pray that God will make it clear whether they should join our team or not.
- Jared gets to come spend a good part of the summer with us starting June 22. Pray it will be a good connection time with him. He and Jim will spend about a week alone together on a "guy" adventure! Very exciting!
- Pray for Emily and Alpha. They would like to come visit us for a few weeks this summer, but he was turned down for his visa. They have gathered more information and are resubmitting their request. Pray that it will be granted!