Sunday, July 10, 2016

Guest Blogger - Jim


Glorify the LORD with me;
    let us exalt his name together.
                                 Psalm 34:3 NIV

Where were you Wednesday, June 29? 


That morning I was in the Carpathian Mountains in central Ukraine praying with and being prayed for by two Ukranian 18 year old guys named Alex and Maga. 

Maga is second from left and Alex is second from right.
Kelsey Dwyer, our Josiah Venture Summer Intern from Texas, and I were helping with a Fusion (rock choir ministry) outreach camp.  The leadership team had just finished morning devotions and we had been randomly paired up to pray for each other and for the day.   After praying with my person, I noticed Alex and Maga praying and felt I should pray for them as well.  I asked if I could pray for them and they agreed.  After we finished they both looked at me and said they wanted to pray for me.  They asked how they could pray?  Immediately I thought of our daughter Emily and her husband Alpha who were still waiting for an appointment for an interview with the U.S. Embassy in Bangladesh to provide a visa for Alpha to come to the U.S.in time for a family reunion.  So I asked them to pray for that.  We joined hands and they began to pray in Ukranian.

Now I don’t know Ukranian, but what I do know is that I felt like I was being ushered into the throne room of God to receive Mercy and Grace in this time of need.  It was a powerful experience. 

Later that night I received a text from Emily saying they had just received the interview appointment that day for August 1.  I was thrilled and remembered with gratitude our prayer time earlier that morning.  Praise the Lord for his provision.

Camp continued. Then on Friday afternoon I heard breaking news that a restaurant in Bangladesh, frequented by foreigners and near where Emily and Alpha live, had been attacked by ISIS.  We would later learn some 20 people were brutally killed in the attack.   Concerned I called Emily and Alpha.  They were safe.

As we talked they told me that they had been in that restaurant earlier that week as guests of some Embassy friends.  When I inquired as to which day, they said Wednesday, June 29.
The Apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 6:18, “ And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”

We don’t know all that goes on in the Spiritual realm, yet I am so very grateful for two young Ukranian men who prayed with bold faith.  To God be the Glory!

Tomorrow, our short term team from LifePointe Church in Ft. Collins, Colorado will arrive to join us in doing our first Josiah Venture English Camp here in Germany.  Camp starts, Saturday, July 16 and goes through Saturday July 23.

Would you take some time right now to pray with us that the teens and leaders who come to camp will encounter Jesus Christ and be transformed by his amazing love.

Also would you pray the next verse in Ephesians, 6:19, “ Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel”

Can’t wait to let you know how God answers!
Jim's English Class in Ukraine

Kelsey, our summer intern from Texas, and Jim in Ukraine.


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you Lina for the update. We know our God is at work and we thank him for allowing us to work with him. We will continue to pray for His will there, here and around the world . To God be the glory!