Sunday, February 1, 2015

Guest Blogger--Jim Miller. Up Coming Surgery.

I just wanted to send you an update about my health and ministry.  

Lina and I are so very thankful for the opportunity to serve here in Leipzig.  Today we were welcomed in as the newest members of the FeG Ring Cafe Church.  We have found that having had this time of staying with families in the church rather than having our own place has allowed us to grow and develop wonderful relationships.

Well the outcome of my Urologist appointment on Tuesday was a recommendation to have surgery to remove my prostate.  I felt that was the most likely outcome, but hearing that on Tuesday was pretty sobering.  

BUT GOD! 

Karstan Pascher my current landlord and medical GP took it upon himself to write an email on my behalf to the head of the Urology department at the University Klinikum.  Professor Jens-Uwe Stolzenburg was a pioneer in lapriscopic surgical procedures and he has been doing the DaVinci assisted robotic surgery all over the world for the last four years.  He responded to Karstan's email and met with me first thing Thursday morning at 7:15 AM.  He will be the one doing my surgery on February 19.  He said that I would check into the hospital on the afternoon of the 18th and anticipate an additional five day stay after the surgery.  He made room in his busy schedule to perform the surgery, so that I can be recovered enough to attend Emily and Alpha's wedding in Bangladesh (leaving March 11, wedding on the 20th, returning on the 25th).  He went on to tell me that over 90% of patients recover fully from side-effects of the surgery, so that was encouraging news.

The fingerprints of God's mercy, grace and care are all over this.  Both Lina and I are experiencing peace in this and just wanted to say thank you for praying for us.  We are moving into our new apartment this weekend.  Registered our car with Leipzig plates Friday morning.  We are definitely feeling more settled all the time.

We are loving working with the teens at the church.  Looking forward to opportunities to get into the local High Schools.  We are making good progress in learning German.

Praising our Great Physician and Redeemer!

Blessings,
Jim

6 comments:

Tim Downey said...

Yes! Praising God for His provision and care for you!

KjenkinsJC said...

Will be praying. DaVinci is the way to go with this surgery.
BLessings, Keith

mark foshager said...

I just read this post, Jim. Now I am processing it. And soon I will contemplate it, and perhaps share this development with Deb. However, she may already be aware of it. February 19 + DaVinci = big day! And then comes March 20 - oh my goodness, that's exciting! From Mark Foshager (who bakes cookies) to Jim Miller (who bakes pies)....I am thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Jim and Lina, my spirit is with you there. How good to know the hands you are in! Both the good doctor God provided, and the church, filled with angels of mercy for you.
I still can't believe Emily is getting married next month! I pray her heart is united with Alpha's, and that she is full of much joy.
Bless you both. I'm praying for you!

Ralph Ziegler said...

Jim and Lina, we were just made aware of your news via Becky B. and logged onto your blog; glad to get details, and our love and prayers are with you this week!

Unknown said...

Thinking about you and praying for a very successful surgery Jim!!!!