Wednesday, June 18, 2014

More Coffee, Please!

You know how it is when you come to the end of something you really enjoy and you just want more?  That is where I am right now.  I told you about my "mom's place" where Jim brings me my cup of coffee, I take in the beauty outside of my window and I meet with God.

View of Leipzig from the top of a university building
Last fall, my women's Bible Study did a Beth Moore study called The Patriarchs. This was the first Beth Moore study I have ever done, and it seemed as if God was talking directly to me.  As Abram was being called to leave his home and go to an unknown country, God was calling Jim and me to leave our home and go to Leipzig. As I read about God telling Abraham that He would give him every place he stepped his foot, it was as if He was telling me to spend much of my first year in Leipzig doing prayer walks, claiming the city for Him.




View of the university square
Since that time, I have worked through A Woman's Heart: Study of the Tabernacle and just yesterday morning I finished Stepping Up: A Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent.  As I was nearing the end of this study, I started feeling like I do when I near the end of a good cup of coffee.  I kind of slowed down and wished for another!  God knows my heart very well and so does my wonderful husband.  Just as he keeps an eye on my coffee cup in the morning and brings the pot in for a refill, he kept his eye on my study book and a couple of days ago came home with a fresh refill!  So today I started Children of the Day: I&II Thessalonians!  Just as he refills my coffee cup before I can say, "One more cup of coffee, please!", so he refilled my soul before I could say, "One more study, please!"

A fresh cup of coffee
A fresh Bible study

























No comments: