Friday, June 12, 2015

German Showers and American Burgers!

God provided showers for our 50 high school choir members!!!!  And let me tell you how it happened.  I was busy writing the blog asking you to pray for the showers while Jim was out looking.  I finished the blog and was quite hungry because it we after noon.  I went to the refrigerator to see what kind of treasures could be found.  Bummer...nothing but ketchup and some long expired...well, I'm not exactly sure what it was.  So, I went to my comfort food, crackers and milk.  Yes, this was one of my dad's favorite quick meals.  A cereal bowl full of crushed soda crackers with milk poured over the top.  Quite tasty! 

Just as I am trying to finish off the crackers before they get too soggy, Jim walks in.  "I got the showers!!!!"  Wooh! Hooh!  (Imagine a lot of dancing and celebrating here.)  "So, Jim, are you hungry?  I can offer you some crackers and milk."  "Well...no...that's the other thing.  The place that has the showers also has an American Diner with THE BEST BURGERS EVER!!!!!!!"  Wrong thing to say to a hungry wife who has just tried to satiate her hunger with crackers and milk.  Yes, it's true.  He sat down and enjoyed a great, big, dripping American hamburger WITHOUT his dear wife...  "But," he said, "I have scheduled the first meal for the choir at the diner, they have given us a discount and...YOU can go!"  OK, I guess I'll let that one pass since I'll get my burger in just over a week!

The showers are in Le Kickerhall that is combined with the American Diner.  The cook is from Scotland and the owner is a retired soccer player.  Of course, Jim hit it off great with them and we now have showers and dinner!!!!

So, thanks for praying and check out this menu!  You may want to come visit us in Leipzig after all!!!





3 comments:

KjenkinsJC said...

Wow, God amazing with details!

Unknown said...

That is SO cool, Lina! God and Jim sure know how to score! I'm praying for you both. And I can't believe you didn't have a single bruise from those 2 falls you had. The grace of God!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is amazing. I would love a great big American hamburger right now. Enjoy, Ramona