Saturday, February 27, 2021

A Few Months Late, but Not Short on News!

Do you know how easy it is to get out of a good habit? Really easy! I've been doing this blog at least once a month for the last 5 years! Yes, 81 blog posts, and yet, the last few months... (crickets sound here)... I will assure you that it is not because nothing has been happening!

October was full of wedding travel and preparation, and ended with Nate and Caitlin's delightful wedding! It was beautiful, intimate, and so much fun! We are so blessed with Caitlin as our daughter-in-law! Of course I must include one funny story. A woman came up to me and very excitedly told me how happy she was to be there and to see me! I smiled at her, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out who she was. I politely said, "I'm so sorry, can you remind me of your name?" She pulled down her mask and I instantly recognized my cousin, Pam!!!! Oh, the trials and tribulations of a Covid wedding!!!!!

Such a beautiful wedding and absolute joy to our family!

Wedding Party. Yes, that is Jared next to Nathan.

We returned to Germany and dove right back into ministry! Most of our meetings are online, but we are allowed to meet with one person face-to-face at a time, so we have been taking full advantage of that! I admit we have cut it very close a few times! One day, Jim and I each planned a meeting, without the other knowing it and, although one of us can usually go for a walk in the park with our "one person", this day was way too cold. So Jim headed over to Steffen's house, rather than Steffen coming to us, and Lisa came up the stairs just as Jim left. We were having a wonderful time, when suddenly the doorbell rang, and Elli was at the door. She was off work early that day and was here an hour before I expected her! What to do! I now have 2 people in my house! We socially distanced, prayed together over a cup of tea, then Lisa quickly left and we were legal again! 

I have also been taking an Intensive German course 4 mornings a week since November. This has really helped push my German forward! Last Friday, February 19, I had my gallbladder removed and was in the hospital for 4 days. I few months ago this would have been much more stressful, but I was able to handle it all in German! I am recovering well and taking it a bit easy over the next week, but I was so encouraged by being able to communicate and understand in a very important situation!

The next few weeks are busy, as we plan the coming year. We are excited about what God is doing and will continue to do in our ministry here. We will update you on a few things over the next few weeks as plans start to solidify.

Oh, and one last thing, I can't leave without a picture of our new grandchildren...yes, that's right, grandchildren!!!! (Can you say happy Grandma!)

Nate and Caitlin's little girl coming this summer!!!

Emily and Alpha's Noah, soon to be 6 months old!

Prayer Points:

  1. Pray for my continued recovery from Gallbladder surgery.
  2. Pray for us as we finalize plans for our coming year.
  3. Pray for our ministry as we continue meeting online and restrictedly in person.

 

5 comments:

Sempro said...

Thank you Lina and Jim for the wonderful work you are doing. We love you pray for you often. God bless you and keep you all safe in his care! Graduations on the grandchildren also. Grandkids are the best!

deb said...

So wonderful to hear from you, Lina! What exciting things happening! Well, not so much the whole gall bladder thing...but very impressed that you handled it all in German! Wow! Love reading these posts, and I do pray for you. Adorable little Noah!

Audrey said...

Always glad to catch up with what is happening in your world. Your COVID restrictions there must be more strictly enforced than they are here. Got word this week that the mask order will remain through March. This is not enforced most places here; but the majority comply.

Audrey

Pepper1 said...

So Lina.. du kannst alles verstehen..! What an accomplishment .. and to understand the medical terms too during your time in the hospital. . So wonderful to hear how well you are doing in German . We still hope to come over to see you... we are just so thankful for all that you do in reaching others with the gospel . Blessings to you and Jim.

Vonie G said...

Thanks for the update! I think of you often and thank God for you both. Praying for your requests.